The Waltham Forest Community Centre’s Consortium was formed in Autumn 2010 by the East London Community Law Service, The Asian Centre Waltham Forest and the William Morris Community Centre Users Association.
The Consortium was successful in winning the Management of Community Centre’s contract from the London Borough of Waltham Forest Voluntary Sector 2011 commission.
The Consortium is currently responsible for the management of three community centre’s which are:
- Jubilee Centre, 440 Cathall Road, Leytonstone E11 4LA
- The Asian Centre, 18a Orford Road, Walthamstow E17 9LN
- William Morris Community Centre, 6 - 8 Greenleaf Road, Walthamstow E17 6QQ
Aims of this contract is to:
- Provide community resources through accessible office space, room hire and events venues for voluntary sector organisations and residents
- Provide a community-hub, facilitating community engagement and access to services and opportunities through information and publicity
- Maintain the community centre's to ensure they are fit for purpose
The Consortium is working within the above aims to achieve the following outcomes in Waltham Forest:
- Local groups are facilitated to meet, develop and learn through having affordable, appropriate and accessible space to meet and work
- A Community Centre's forum is set up to meet, network, share ideas and develop partnership opportunities, look into joint self sustainability strategies such as; setting up trading arms, social enterprises consortiums to enable effective fundraising